Thursday, October 4, 2007

"Who's Your Mummy?"




Our house is all spooky and ready for the witches and goblins to visit! I found these mummies in a magazine and decided to recreate them! They have scared us quite a few times. The small one up by the door is right in front of a window. In the night when we walk by it startles us everytime! Cali, our dog, also barks at the door thinking someone is there. We also have milk jug pumpkins, and spooky eyes that glow in our tree. We have had a lot of fun singing Halloween songs, reading Halloween stories, and making Halloween goodies. Last weekend we went to Frightmares at Lagoon. We took the kids for a couple of hours, and then put them to bed at Eric's parents house, and we went back. Can I just say, I am a chicken! In the Hollywood haunted house, I swear I almost peed my pants. They had stuff from recent scary movies like "The Ring", and I hated that movie. It was by far the scariest thing that I have ever seen. All in all, Frightmares was a good time. We have many more events and activities planned for this fun month, so stay tuned!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! Brandi you are sooooo talented! How did you make the mummies? They are GREAT! I'd like to make them if I get ambitious enough! Did they come from the Family Fun magazine? Happy Haunting! Julie B.

Timothy & Kimberly Pettitt said...

Those are so great!!! How did you do them??? Remember our scare crow at Monaco...it scared so many people even us! Too cute!

dishes and laundry said...

Love the mummies! But I think they would scare me too - seeing their silhoette by the door. You are so creative!

I'm a big chicken when it comes to haunted houses and scary movies. I haven't been to a haunted house in decades and I enjoy a few scary movies, but I usually have to watch them a few times through my fingers before I can ever watch them for real. Movies like Sixth Sense. I can't do any slasher-horror films.

Can't wait to see more of your Halloween fun.

Meet the Elliott's said...

I Know you Brandi... You walk by that window just cuz you like to be scared...
I love you Dad.....

Robyn said...

The mummies look awesome! I think I might come do a drive by to check them out. Do you have any instructions-we need something spooky for our porch.