When I was in Young Women's as a youth, I remember having a lesson on "learning". One of the leaders told a story of a woman she knew that would post quotes on her children's mirrors and even laminate them and stick them in the shower. She wanted them to have uplifting messages to help them through the day and throughout their life. Her children saw them so frequently that they memorized them. The children said that as they grew up, the poems and sayings had helped them in their life because their messages pertained to so many circumstances.
Eric's parents and his grandparents have had their children memorize many different poems over the course of their childhood. Yesterday I had one of the poems that I had heard them recite running through my head. I kept thinking, "Stick To Your Task..." but that's all I could remember. I went and found the poem online and Hayden and I started to memorize it. He gets a sticker for every 2 lines he memorizes, and when he gets 4 stickers he gets a candy bar! (Bribery...it's my downfall) He's doing very well. Here's half the poem. He should have the whole thing memorized by Wednesday! Then, it's on to the next poem.
The cutest thing last night--He was swinging on the swings in the backyard and he's been working really hard on being able to pump his legs to get higher in the swing. He was practicing this and yelling at the top of his lungs, "STICK TO YOUR TASK TIL IT STICKS TO YOU!"
Is It Possible?
3 days ago






5 comments:
Brandi- He is sooo cute and he did such a good job. I think it's great you are keeping the family tradition going!
impressive! go, hayden!
You know this poem, right Mikensi?? I'd be surprised if your parents didn't have you memorize it, too!
What a great idea! So cute!
What a smart kid! Congrats to you guys on the new job. I think it is so great that Eric is going after a dream and you are so supportive.
Post a Comment