Sunday, June 29, 2008

The latest on the kids

Maya has totally developed her own style and attitude. She is one of a kind, and if you don't believe me, I'll let you take her off my hands for a day. She is sure a lot of fun, but boy am I tired at the end of the day.

One thing she does love is getting her hair done! She loves to climb trees and get dirty and she refuses to wear shoes, but she will let me do her hair in cute styles, and I love it! Below is a picture of her hair after I put sponge curlers in it. The do lasted only about an hour, but it was so cute! She kept saying, "Pretty, Pretty" and touching her hair.
She also has her own style with the clothes she wears. We got her dressed for church and ten minutes later she came out wearing halloween sweat pants under the skirt. That's hot, Maya!

We've been enjoying many days at Lagoon and Lagoon-a-beach. My kids love it and it tuckers them right out! Not many activities have that effect on my children, so I love it!




And, summer wouldn't be summer without the sprinklers in the backyard. This is a weekly occurrence at our house. Maya doesn't love the cold water spraying everywhere, but she does love her swimsuit, so it works out. Hayden on the other hand is all over the water! He even runs in front of the hose while I'm watering the garden.


That's what we've been up to. This week we will be going to Bear Lake and celebrating Maya's 2nd birthday! Gotta love the summer.

9 comments:

Amber said...

Thanks for all the comments, Brandi! We should plan a day to go to Lagoon- a-beach together w/ our kids and hubbies, too.

Sounds like a popular week at Bear Lake- Dishes will there this week too. We will be there the next week!

Christy said...

Cute hair do on Maya. I tried to do my nieces hair once,it didn't turn out so well. Have fun at Bear Lake.

Miller's said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Your kids are adorable. We are headed for Lagoon A Beach tomorrow, it should be fun. Thanks for the website, I'll check it out and also let me know when you find out from your camp director, thanks a million.

mikensi said...

makes ya wonder what she will be like as a pre-teen and teenager, yeah? ;) she's adorable, though!! must be fun seeing your kids' personalities show through!

Brooke S. said...

Brandi - your kids are so cute! it's good to get an update on your family

Lindy T! said...

HEY...just wanted to let you know that my prayers are with you and your family and I love you Brandilynn Eileen!

Juliana said...

so cute! Her hair is adorable!!!

stressedkris said...

Her hair is so cute! Even at 10 I can't get Kimmie to leave in the sponge rollers! I am really impressed!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Your kids are so cute Brandi! You know who Adele is?! I was so excited when I heard her songs when I pulled up your blog. I saw her on a tv interview and fell in love with her! She is awesome!