I still don't know if we're having a boy or a girl. I have NO idea, despite what some of you might think. So, here is the quilt I've been working on. I thought that it would be good for a boy or a girl, but now I'm thinking it might be too girly. What are your thoughts? I still haven't bound it yet, so it's not completed or washed. I'm going to bind it with the fabric I used for the backing.
Give your HONEST opinion because I figure if it doesn't work for a boy and that's what I end up having, no big deal. You can never have too many blankets!


26 comments:
I LOVE this quilt! I don't think it is too girly. The colors are great. Ely has a quilt with those same colors in them - I never thought about it looking girly at all. Baby boys can get away with it anyway. Looks great!
Hey Brandi. I definitely think the colors of this quilt could go either way, it looks great! I think what makes it a little girly is the brown polkadot backing. Maybe if it were a stripe it would be more masculine? Great job. I need to learn how to sew. :)
Love it love it love it! I would use it for a boy or a girl. Great job. I can't believe you only have a month and half to go. You are looking great.
That's what I was worried about, Jill. ALL the polka dots. I thought that maybe because the squares were so small that it would be ok. I said the same thing. I should have used stripes.
The quilt is beautiful, Brandi. I love it. Whether you have a boy or a girl, they are not going to care what color their blanket is, so you shouldn't worry about it either. And besides, the quilt works perfectly either way...boy or girl. It's darling!
I love how you did all of those little squares. That must have taken you a long time. It's just beautiful.
I agree with everyone else. Super cute quilt and for sure goes either way!
I love it!!! I think it works for either way. It is just beautiful and amazing.
I definitely say that it works for either a baby boy or girl. It's really cute! I don't think the dots make it girly. I love it.
I love it, Brandi! It would work great for a boy or a girl- I actually thought it looked more boy-ish. It really is a beautiful quilt, either way. I'm amazed that you've been able to work on this with a million kids at your house.
I also think it's beautiful. And could go either way. Cara
It is soooooo cute. I think it would fit a girl better, just because of the patterns but the colors could go either way... It's so cute.
Like I said yesterday, I think it is beautiful and works either way. You are awesome!
Not girly at all...IT is perfect.. Striped backing would look great if you don't go for the polka dots. I am impressed, with all you have been doing you made a beautiful quilt. IT is perfect!!!
neutral colors = unisex. go for it!
Perfect for a boy. I don't think it's girly at all. Beautiful!
I think it will be great either way. It looks amazing! I think you should hang it on the wall or drape it over the crib to show it off--it is beautiful.
What a cute quilt!! I think it would be perfect for either!! It's not to girly-where did you get that cute fabric??
I am thinking for a girl only! Just being honest! But waaaaay cute!
I love the fabric! I want it! What pattern did you use? Are the squares sewn on top of a big white piece? Or did you sew on all the little borders? I saw a pattern like that at Mormon Handicraft that I've wanted to try.
my vote is for totally gender neutral. it looks very good! way to go.
I got the fabric from a quilting store in Centerville, but I've seen it at Material Girls in West Jordan.
Christy, the squares are sewn on top of the white muslin. This was THE easiest quilt I've ever done! That's probably why I don't mind if I have to do another quilt to make it more suitable for a boy. I have the pattern if you want to take a look. It could have easily been done without the pattern, though. Thanks for your opinions, everyone!
Oh, and Christy, I need help with binding the edges. I've never done it and I'm so nervous. I've been online to see how to do it with the mitered corners, etc., but I'm worried I'll mess it up. When could you come over?
Basically any day after 12:00.
I swear you are super woman! How do you do it all? I don't think it is too girly at all. It is very cute.
I love the different patterns - you have a great eye for color!! Really I think it's a unisex blankie, it could go either way. If you wanted it more girly you could have put more of the swirlie patterned part on the backing but I think the brown polka dots are more boy. It's not like it is brown and pink - then it's be girly for sure.
I LOVE your quilt!!!!! It's gorgeous, I would love it for my boys, so I believe it could be both girl or boy.
I've never seen so many comments on one post!
FOR THE INVITE TO YOUR BLOG! I have so much to catch up on!
Post a Comment