Joy is found in simple things and that is never more apparent than when it's just my kiddos and me. Eric has worked a couple of late nights this week and I have found myself not cooking good meals because, frankly, the kids don't care if it's steak or mac and cheese. In fact, they prefer macaroni! So, tonight we made a true delicacy. (if you're under the age of 6) I grew up making these weekly (you know all about these, Heidi!) and my children love them.
There's something about making a smaller version of a favorite food that makes it more appealing. And my kids made this meal all by themselves!

Take Pillsbury biscuits, pizza sauce, and cheese. That's it.

Smash the biscuits until they are flat and the dough is spread out and place them on a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.

Spread the sauce over each biscuit. (They got a little carried away and ate a few spoonfuls of sauce.)

And licked the sauce right off of the biscuits. See those finger marks. Um, those ones are yours Maya!

Cover them in cheese. They got a little carried away on this task, too! I didn't care. They were having too much fun with it.

Cook them at 350 for 10 minutes or so and eat 'em!
No complaints about the menu tonight. Not a one.
5 comments:
what a great lunch idea. I'm going to try it. You always have great ideas.
You really do! Whether they're yours or a magazine's...the fact that you DO them makes you GREAT! And your kids don't know the difference...ps...we're doing the Bat Pumpkins tonight!
Delicious....I kind of want to make that right about now...I think that we have all the trimmings. Oh and hey, I tagged you! Check out my blog for the details, I hope you haven't already done it! Oh and a continuing congrats on the baby! I am so excited to see who they will end up being!
Yummy!! That is my son's favorite dinner!!Your kids are adorable!!!
yep- i'm doing it. we used to do them on enlish muffins growing up- but, i think i like this better!
Post a Comment