We are really loving them. I can't tell you how much fun it is to hold these cute cuddly things. I check on them almost every hour and my kids always want to hold them. They really don't require much effort to be taken care of. Just food and water every day and change the bedding every few days. We also have a heat lamp on them because they need warmth.
The black one is a black sexlink (holds the record for the most eggs laid in a day) and that one is Hayden's. He named her "Batman". The reddish one is a Rhode Island red and is named "Maggie". And the yellowish white one (my favorite one) is a white sexlink named "Bailey".











8 comments:
So cute! What a fun pet! I kind of want some now... But I don't think Tim would go for that, since we already have two dogs.
Wow.. A farm girl.. But Brandi Chicks grow up!!! good luck and have fun. You guys are cute fun..
Love ya Dad
I know...I keep worrying about the grown up chicks! You know I have that farming blood in me, though!
Ah, I love the chicks! How soft and fluffy!!
Best of luck with them. With farming in your blood, no doubt they will be happy little chicks :) Be sure to post an update sometime later when they are big, I'd love to see them!!
Oh hey, you could enter them in the Davis County fair next fall!! How cute would that be?
They are very cute; I can see how you couldn't resist!
Now that your computer is functioning again, I expect more regular posting, and comments on my blog! :)
So glad to see you back and blogging...it has been a while for you! What cute chicks! What a fun mom you are.
So cute!! Do they smell?? BTW--You look so good--like you've lost some weight!
Thanks, Kimberly! I need to save it for another post, but I've lost almost 40 pounds. I'm glad somebody noticed!
And, no...they don't smell. I just make sure to clean their cage every couple of days, and they're in the garage, so I just vent that area a little every day.
Post a Comment