Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Salway Family Members will appreciate this post

A few years ago, Eric's Grandma (Grandma Roberts) gave Shelley (Eric's sister) a clown doll that she had found while cleaning out some things. Her kids were terrified of it, so they tried to give it to us. We had seen "IT" a few too many times to feel comfortable having this clown in our home. Soon it became the family joke to hide the clown in each other's houses.

Once someone hid it in Mike and Emily's car before they headed back to Fresno after a holiday. Mike and Emily hid it in Mom and Dad's shower, and disturbingly the clown wasn't found for weeks. :) The best ever was when Mom and Dad were getting ready for a long vacation to China. The clown was still in our garage from the last prank. Paul drove all the way to our house just to get the clown. When he was helping Mom and Dad with their luggage at the airport he snuck it in one of their suitcases. They didn't find the clown until they got to China! Of course Judy wasn't going to leave that clown in China, so they lugged that ugly thing all through their trip. They are good sports.

The clown was hung from a noose in Shelley in Paul's bedroom. That was when the clown got angry and somehow sprouted "angry eyes" and wrote a warning email to all of us--"DON'T MESS WITH THE CLOWN!"


We have the clown now. He's not gathering dust or hiding under something so we don't have to look at it.


No, he's being fed fruity flavored marshmallows.

And being carried around like a baby.

Hayden even took him to his Pre-School for Show and Tell. They were talking about clowns that day and he told the whole story of how the clown came to be...and he's even been to China!

Yes, the clown is being loved. Maya gets so excited when she sees the clown! It's like a cute little toy to her. (Of course she hasn't seen "IT" yet...but she should because I'm a little disturbed.) But, the clown does look a little happier. Don't you think?

8 comments:

Chris and Angelle Salway said...

Ha ha! Are you kidding me? Your kids actually like that thing! Thats hilarious. Poor clown, all this time all he needed was a little love, and now... he is blossoming! :)

Unknown said...

What a great story!

Julie said...

That is the best story ever! I loved it! And I hate clowns (and I didn't even see "IT". I've just always hated them..... Hope it doesn't give you nightmares.... that your kids are loving the clown!

Lila said...

That is hilarious! I love that story. That is one disturbing doll though.

emily salway said...

I am cracking up right now!!! I just showed the kids your blog, and they think that is pretty funny, too. Good for Maya...Maybe she can just keep it and give it to one of her grandkids one day:) We miss you guys, but we sure don't miss that clown!

mikensi said...

even clowns need some lovin i guess. lol! clowns scare me... a lot. funny story, though! my parents were in china w/ that clown, lol!

Camie said...

Awesome story... thought I must admit the clown does look a little scary :)

Lindy T! said...

That is the most frightening thing I have ever seen....When I close my eyes I still see that doll!