For Family Home Evening after New Year's Day we all sat down and set our goals. Eric just grabbed his list from last year and scratched out 2007 and wrote 2008. Hayden made goals to brush his teeth and do his chores, etc. And I made many, many goals; one of which is to be more patient and keep my anger under control. I explained to Hayden that I was going to try not to get mad at him as one of my goals.
Well, two days ago we were trying to rush out the house to make it to the gym on time. Hayden was taking his sweet time. Seriously, he was singing and dancing and the whole "Mom, Look what I can do" every 2 seconds. I was getting pretty frustrated trying to get him to put his shoes and coat on and get out the door. I yelled at him and told him that if he didn't get his shoes on this minute he would be going to bed as soon as we got home. He put his shoes on after that and we were on our way.
In the car, he said, "Hey mom, you are NOT doing a good job on your goals!"
I can't believe that he remembered what my goals were from 3 weeks ago. I really do need to watch myself. I felt pretty rotten after that because I have been working harder on the other goals that I've made. Nothing like a four year old putting life in perspective for you, right?
Is It Possible?
3 days ago






1 comment:
Getting out the door is always a trigger for us. The more in a hurry we are, the slower Aaron moves. If we urge him on he gets very offended and the situation will quickly morph into a full-blown meltdown. Mornings are the worst!!! I feel for ya! Oh, and Aaron's 8 1/2, but that's probably unusual.
Post a Comment