Yesterday was quite the eventful day. After my post, I was feeling all good and motherly. I decided to take the kids to Tai Pan and then to McDonald's for lunch. While we were in Tai Pan, we kept running into this woman in the aisles and every time Hayden was singing and dancing to a different song. She was cracking up! Then, we ended up in the same check out line, and guess what--He was STILL singing!! She was laughing so hard. She looked at me and said, "Oh, bless you, MOM! Here's $10, take that kid to McDonald's!" What? Are you kidding me? I felt like I couldn't accept it, but she insisted. I have not run into many people that kind. I thought about her all day long and how good she had made me feel with that kind act.
On quite the opposite end of the spectrum, that night I went to Walmart to grab some food for camping. It was going to be a 15 minute trip, literally, and it was both my kid's bed time. Hayden was still running around and singing (really, it never stops! If you only knew!!) and Maya was very tired and just wanted to go to bed. I was trying to keep Maya sitting still, and keep Hayden out of people's way, when a woman suddenly yelled at me, "HEY WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!!" I said, "Me?" and she yelled, "YES, YOU! CAN'T YOU KEEP CONTROL OF YOUR CHILDREN?" I had no idea what I had done to get this kind of reaction for someone. I started sobbing right then and there. I felt so ridiculous. She patted me on the back and said, "sorry", but the damage had been done. I was crying the whole rest of my shopping trip and pretty much the rest of the night.
Last night, I kept thinking how most people are really only concerned with themselves when it comes down to it. The first kind act of the woman who gave me $10, was so shocking to me because how often do strangers do that kind of thing? NEVER! I can't help but think how the kind act lightened my load, and the rude one made me feel that I was carrying more than I could handle. I wish I could thank the Tai Pan lady again and let her know that there needs to be more people in the world like her!
Typical Friday
1 week ago






9 comments:
There is just further proof for me not to ever go to Walmart. I am so sorry you had to run into someone so rude....But at least you had the good to fall back on. I have never heard of anyone being so kind. Well besides you of course. I thought about you last night; Holt and I were helping friends move and I was the odd person out since they were his friends I didn't really know anyone and kind of sat off in the corner by myself and I would remember back in the day when you saw people sitting by themselves you'd always go sit with them to make them feel wanted and cared for...I just wish people were more like you Brandilynn, you are one of a kind and never let anyone get you down (like some stupid shrew at walmart)!
I would have bawled on the spot as well. That was not fair in the least. Hope camping was fun.
Brandi.. I am sorry that you had that second experience... I guess it made the first one better.. Isn't funny hoe they both went home and told others of their experience.. Same children, same energy level, one only sees the good the other only sees the negative. We really are just a reflection of what we judge in others....
I love you!!
Dad...
K those are honestly the best stories! They put me in such a good mood. I can't believe that woman at Tai Pan. Gosh, I hope I'm that kind of person instead of the one at Wal-Mart. :-) Oh, and I love that book by Dr. Laura. I don't think I've finished it all the way, but I'll have to pull it out and read it again. You're such a good mom!
It is so good to know that there are still great people out there! And the gift was a huge tribute and compliment to you becuase you are doing a great job as a mom, evident in your little singer :) Keep up the good work and thank you for the inspiring words in your last post! As a mother you need those little pick me ups!
Hey Beautiful Brandy I heard you have not been feeling well over the last few days...are you any better? Lila is coming into town on the 12th and all of us would like to get together...We would like to do some halloween costumes, paper picture projects for Christmas ect...and plan The Elliott Thankgiving Turkey Day...we would like your imput and company!!!
I am sorry I was updating Kyle's missionary blog when I posted the last comment....Georgie
How are you feeling Brandi..
Love Dad!!!
What an eye opening experience. It makes me so upset just reading it because I have been there. But you know, more than that you just realize that kindness starts with yourself. Hopefully we can all try to be more like the lady in Tai Pan.
Post a Comment