
Today Hayden played in his last game of the season. It was a fun year because all of the neighbor kids from Joy School were on his team. Most of the teams we played were 4-5 year olds, and our team was made up of all 3 year olds! They had a good time, though. Hayden enjoyed chasing the girls around and pretending that he was a monster, and the girls loved playing princesses right in the middle of the field. There were times when a player would just take off running off the field in the middle of the game. Or, a couple of kids would play in the dirt pile on the field that where the grass was dying.
Eric was the coach, and you would probably have to pay him a lot of money to do that again. It was a hard group of kids because they are such good friends. They just wanted to play with each other...not the ball!! Hayden was a little bit of a bully with the ball. A lot of times he would take on a kid twice his size and push him out of the way of the ball. He just didn't understand when he got pushed right back. The funniest moment was when Hayden came up to me at half time one game and said, "It's not fair, Mom, I just can't win this game, I just can't do it anymore!!" Then Eric told Hayden to come back in the game, and off he went. Like I said, it was fun, but if you ask me-3 year olds are too young for this game!






4 comments:
I'm so sad we missed all his games. Next time let us know. I think that is so fun.
I'll let you know, Heidi. We didn't really feel like it was worth anyone's time to come because Hayden didn't really play. He did score one goal (in the other team's goal!) I think he'll play this fall again. I'll get you a schedule.
Hey Riggs onkly scored one goal his first season and it was for the other team! After the game he asked how come no one cheered for my goal, I said because it was in the other teams net. He said how come the other team always gets the easy goal to kick their goals.
I only hope that Hayden can follow in Rigby's footsteps with soccer. I guess he's on the right track!
Post a Comment