Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Lehi Spanked His Kids?

Today we started reading the Book of Mormon with Hayden. One of the verses says, "And Lehi spake unto them..." Hayden asked, "Lehi spanked them?" I could not stop laughing. I'm laughing now! Me and Eric explained that sometimes they use different words in the scriptures than we use. Hayden said, "Yea, like spank and spanken."

4 comments:

Meet the Elliott's said...

I like Hayden's version of the scriptures.

Meet the Elliott's said...

Perhaps more spankens were needed...there is a verse that saids not to spare the rod? Hey good job in regards to reading the scriptures as a family...what a way to grow closer.

HeidiPorter said...

You guys are funny!

Lila said...

LOL! I love it. I think it is awesome that you guys are tackling the scripture study as a family. We've started a couple of times. It is difficult to follow through but my mom brought up a good point about Avery already memorizing different songs shows that she is completely capable to learn scripture stories. We better get back on it. Besides. She could use a good "Spanken"!