Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Last Week's Recap

In February's Family Fun Magazine, I found this creepy cute lunch idea! For instructions, go here. The "Squid Dogs" were a huge hit with the kids. I, however, did not wish to try them.


The only suggestion I have is to make SURE that the noodles are tender inside the hot dog. On our batch, Hayden said the noodles were crunchy inside the hot dog, but they were perfect otherwise. Just boil them longer than usual. Then, the kids dipped them in ketchup, but I am sure that cheese sauce would have been fun, too! Maybe next time.


The kids put on a puppet show after school one day. "The Three Billy Goats Gruff". Then they were coloring and pasting for hours to make more puppet shows for Dad to see. This idea will be happening again! They've never had so much fun!


Taking a bow. Applause all around!



And...have you seen "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs"? If not, you should! Hayden re-created the movie with his playmobile figures and Maya's play food. If you've seen the movie, you'll recognize the scenes. So cute!

We're doing fun things this week that I'll blog about soon:
*Layered Jello Hearts
*Glazed Sugar Cookies
*Homemade Valentines
*My new calling as Primary Chorister...this is not Young Women's anymore for sure!

4 comments:

Christy said...

Congrats on the new calling! I love Family Fun!

Meet the Elliott's said...

Brandilynn, This is your father. That movie is not entertaining. Food is not evil? And when food starts attacking people it scares old fat people. I love you anyway.....

emily salway said...

I loved that calling! So much fun! You will be great:)

Unknown said...

I love Grandkid puppet shows! Tell Hayden to make one to show to me.