Monday, July 28, 2008

Bear Lake

Ah, good ol' Bear Lake! We had such a great time. How could we not? We stayed in the Sweet Water Condos, which is so awesome. They have a huge grassy area for playing sports. We played games every night: Baseball, kickball, frisbee, etc. They also have a pool, a park, and a craft area for the kids.

The kids (especially mine) loved the jet skis and the banana. (that's what they called it, anyway) I didn't grow up doing this kind of stuff, meaning boating or anything adventurous, so it's kind of out of my comfort zone, but I decided when we have money, we will have to get a boat. It's so much fun!




Maya stayed on the water weenie while they pulled the boat out. She loved it!


The water was warmer than usual for the 4th, and I was lovin' that. The kids played in the water all day. They were having a great time. Unfortunately, this is the weekend that I started suspecting I might be pregnant, so I wasn't exactly feeling like myself. It was so nice to relax, though.

The diving board at the pool was a hit with the younger kids and, um...Eric. He couldn't stay off of the thing. On one of his cool jumps, he hit the board wrong and we thought for sure he'd broken his foot. Not good, considering he was starting the academy that Monday. He went to the Doctor and was told to stay off of his foot for a couple of days because he'd torn some tissue. After taking the doctors note to the academy, they basically told him that he needed to work through it and to get the doctor to release him from resting his foot. (does that make sense?) The academy doesn't mess around!

Here's just some random pics. of the kids.





Can't wait for Bear Lake 2009!

3 comments:

emily salway said...

It looks like fun! Sorry we missed it, sort of. We would've had so much fun with you guys:) But we went to the beach a couple of weeks ago, and the kids got their fill of sand and water:)
Hey...Mike & I tried calling you & Eric the other day, and didn't get through. We would love to chat...so give me a call.

dishes and laundry said...

On that top picture, where all the dirt and rock are piled up in the right hand corner...we were just on the other side. Same day, too. We love Bear Lake as well, but you were much better at taking pictures than I was. Fun!

Anonymous said...

Didn't we have fun! So glad you posted those pictures! Fun memories! You know me....I always forget my camera or forget to use it when I bring it.