Sunday, March 16, 2008

Dinner and a Movie--Salway Style

A couple of weeks ago Eric and I didn't have plans on our usual date night, so we decided to have pizza (not delivery...DeGiorno) and watch a movie. Eric has a projector screen for work and we had been meaning to use it for watching a movie but we had never done it. We finally got it out and rented The Wild (not a great movie, by the way). My kids totally loved it.
Hayden and Maya enjoying their Pizza



We just taped up a blanket over the blinds to use as the screen.


I popped popcorn--of course it's a must! The kids got their blankets and enjoyed the movie and the popcorn for a few minutes before Maya decided that Hayden's popcorn tasted better than hers and Hayden decided he wanted to sit in a laundry basket rather than on the couch or floor. The "screen" fell down every 10 minutes. Great times in the Salway house! These are the moments that we'll look back and chuckle at.
There's no where I'd rather spend my weekend than with these people I love!

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

Fun, fun! I always love movie nights...and pizza. Tim has always wanted a projector. Maybe someday. ;)

Juliana said...

That is so funny... I love the part where the sheet kept falling down. Todd and I were crackig up. you guys have so much fun!

Jan said...

I love it Brandi! That is a fun idea.. think of it this way, your kids will always remember it and thats what matters most!