Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Love Bugs


One of my New Year's Resolutions this year has been to start some new traditions with my family. In this month's Family Fun magazine, they had an article about a family that is visited by Love Bugs that leave treats and surprises, so we decided to make a mailbox to see if they would come and visit us!
We were visited by the Love Bugs on February 1st. Hayden writes them every night with a new question: How many bugs are in your family?, Where do you live?, What are your names?, etc. He loves checking the mailbox to see if there are any new surprises. He even made them a little bed and chairs for them when they come and visit. So far, we've found out that the bugs only come during February to spread love to others, there are three bugs in their family, their names are Herbie Love Bug, True Love Bug, and their daughter is June Bug, their Mom is also having another Love Bug after Valentines day (just like me!) It's been so much fun for them and we have more things planned to exchange in the coming week.

We've also used the mailbox to give valentines to each other. If the flag is up, You've Got Mail!!Every time I see this picture of Maya, I laugh. She's enjoying one of the goodies from the Love Bugs. They got Lik-M-Aids and I guess it was a little sour for her!

12 comments:

Jody said...

Ahhh, Maya's face is priceless!! I love the 'love bug' idea, can I copy it?? Gretta would love it. You always have the best ideas for fun with the little ones - and I'm jealous of the diaper free-ness. Gretta still flat out refuses to potty train but I have to admire what a strong willed little thing she is :)

Jody said...

Ahhh, Maya's face is priceless!! I love the 'love bug' idea, can I copy it?? Gretta would love it. You always have the best ideas for fun with the little ones - and I'm jealous of the diaper free-ness. Gretta still flat out refuses to potty train but I have to admire what a strong willed little thing she is :)

Anonymous said...

that is such a fun idea... your such a cute momma. That Maya is just adorable.

Brent's Family said...

Brandi that is great! You are awesome!!
Love dad

Meet the Elliott's said...

cute idea

Kerri said...

That is a good looking mailbox ;) Keep me posted on the Family Fun ideas so I don't have to get my own subscription! This is a pretty good arrangement :) I can not WAIT for you to have your baby! I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl! I am THRILLED that you chose to wait! I'm tempted to wait during our #3, but I feel so anxious for a girl, I would need to prepare myself if it was another boy. Is this an announcement? Yeah, I suppose it is.

Kerri said...

(oh yeah, and don't post/comment anything on my blog about it b/c i haven't told anyone else yet, not even my family. deal?)

Brandi said...

KERRI!!!! Yeah! I'm so excited for you! And for sure, if I had 2 boys, I'd find out on #3. I justified waiting because I was ready either way. You HAVE to prepare yourself for either in that case! So excited!

Jill said...

what a cute idea, and i love the sour face.

Ryan and Brindi said...

what a cute idea! i love creating fun family traditions! i am so excited for the new baby! congrats!

Kerri said...

SO? HOW ARE YOU DOING? Has the baby come yet? I can't wait to know AND to hear about the surprise gender!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Haha, that is such a funny/cute picture of Maya. 5 days left til your due date?! Yea! I have 7 days. I thought we had the same due date??? Did yours get moved up?