Thursday, August 28, 2008

Don't Judge Me...


I realized last week that I had a miracle movie! Maya never sits and watches TV, which makes it hard for me on those days when I can't get out of bed except to throw up. (Take yesterday, for example) So, going through my movies I decided to try a movie that was not animated to see if that would work. Wonder of wonders, she LOVED it! She has watched it quite a few times and can repeat a few of the lines. (kind of embarrassing) But this week my morning sickness has seemed a little worse, so I am grateful I had something to keep her entertained. (as lazy as that sounds)

There is one part of the movie where Elf drinks a whole 2 liter of Coke and then does like a 2 min. long burp and then says, "Did you hear that?" She says that all of the time! It cracks me up.

Because we've been watching this Christmas movie, I am getting excited for the holidays! I totally know that I'm pregnant because I've cried at the end of Elf every time I've seen it. So pathetic, I know.

9 comments:

HeidiPorter said...

Brandi that is hillarious. I love that movie to. I would watch it all year round except for I'm like you and get way to excited for Christmas which drives Matt insane.

Kerri said...

It is a fantastic movie. Steve and I love the part when he congratulates the coffee shop for the World's Greatest Coffee!

I completely support you in survival mode through pregnancy. you do what works. Also consider LETTING people take Maya so you can sleep...and, home videos are really fun and captivating to watch, too. But then again, if you are a videographer like Steve and I, then just WATCHING all the shaking and stuff will make you MORE sick...so your call.

Sorry to hear you feel so crummy! Have you tried the Seabands? You put them on a pressure point on your wrist, and it really helps with naseua..also Unisom taken with Vitamin B6. Oh yeah, and it should all go away in about a total of 9 months...

Miller's said...

I'm really sorry you have been so sick, there is nothing worse. It's funny that you mentioned that your getting excited for the holiday's because I keep talking about them with everyone and everyone keeps making fun of me because its still August. But seriously, I LOVE the holiday season. By the way I am so proud of you for running in this 5k coming up especially being so sick. I wish I could but I haven't ran at all during my pregnancy and it would kill me.

Oh ya also I just realized that your daughter's name is Maya and that is one of the names at the top of our girl name list. We must have the same taste.

Lindy T! said...

Well at least you have an excuse for crying...I cry every time I watch that movie! And pretty much every movie for that matter, guaranteed...Also pretty much any tv show that I watch. If they play sappy Full House music, the tears are falling. (And not pregnant!!!)
I hope everything starts to go better for you. I hate to hear that you are so sick all of the time. These kids better know that you love them! Good luck my friend!

emily salway said...

My kids love that part, too! In fact, we use that line in real life ALL the time:) That is even more pathetic!!
I am so sorry that you are feeling sick! The things we go through to bring down these spirits!!!
When do you find out what the sex is? Do you have any names picked out?

mikensi said...

that is my favorite movie EVER!

Robyn said...

I'll have to try this-Miles doesn't watch TV either. So sorry about the morning sickness-it usually lasts all day doesn't it? Your garden looks amazing!

Jen Bird said...

aHHH..i love the Elf!! I could watch it any time of year!! Cute that she loves it too! I can't believe you made fruit leather...I might have to give that a try. You're such a domestic diva..seriously!

Natalie Warner said...

I love this movie! It cracks me up. I wish we could have seen you while we were in Utah. Sorry it didn't work out. Bummer! NExt time.